There is no doubt that children are always vulnerable to infectious and contagious diseases. These diseases are usually caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc. First, children have a weak immune system, so their bodies cannot fight against the disease-causing microbes. Second, it is difficult to understand that your child suffers from any contagious disease unless and until you start observing the severe symptoms.
In many cases, diseases occurring in the early years can leave a huge impact on the overall health of your child. That’s why vaccination is crucial for every infant and baby at different ages according to the suggestions from your pediatrician. This article will cover the 10 weeks vaccination routine, explaining the types of vaccines to be administered and their reasons.
Why do children need vaccination from an early age?
One of the most important questions that many parents have, especially in underdeveloped and developing countries, is why children need vaccination. The question arises mainly due to the community’s lack of knowledge and medical awareness regarding the diseases infants usually suffer from. Many people aren’t even aware that some of these diseases can be fatal for children at such a small age when their immune system is not fully developed.
Keeping this in mind, we have shared certain details about the importance of vaccination in children at an early age.
- Vaccination will keep your child safe from the severity of any disease, like pneumonia, tuberculosis, tetanus, Botulism, hepatitis, influenza, and so on.
- The side effects of vaccination are minimal, so you shouldn’t become apprehensive about learning that your child needs multiple doses of different vaccines at an early age.
- The vaccines also increase a child’s lifetime, preventing fatal diseases and keeping your kid safe.
- When the vaccines are administered to the body, the immune system automatically creates antibodies for fighting the weakened or dead jobs. As a result, repeated dosage administration will help strengthen the immune system.
What are the vaccines that are given when the child is 10 weeks old?
There are several vaccines which are administered during the 10th week of age. These are:
- DTP-2: DTP is the abbreviated form of diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis. It is the second vaccine administered in the form of an injection.
- Hepatitis B 3: One of the most important parts of the 10 weeks immunization list is Hepatitis B. it is the third dose and protects the liver from the virus causing hepatitis B. This is the second-last dose of the entire vaccination schedule.
- Rotavirus 2: Rotavirus is one of the most common diseases in infants and older kids. Tis is why the vaccine is administered early during the 10th week since birth. At this time, the second dose is given in the oral form.
- Hib 2: This is the second dose given to infants at the 10th week of age to protect against the Haemophilus influenzae type B bacteria. It causes influenza and can prove to be quite fatal for babies.
- PCV 2: This is the pneumococcal conjugate virus, or PCV13, that protects babies from 13 different types of bacteria causing pneumonia. It is the second dose administered through injections.
- IPV 2: The IPV vaccine is given in the oral form to protect against poliovirus. It is the second dosage out of the total five doses that will be administered till 5th year of age.
What to do if you miss any dose administered at 10 weeks?
If you mistakenly skip a 10 weeks vaccine for your child, you first need to connect with the paediatrician and get the quickest resolution. Sometimes, a vaccine can be administered later if you miss any dose when your child is about 10 weeks of age. However, consult with your doctor before deciding to re-administer the same vaccine after a couple of weeks or years.
This article has covered the probable topics about the 10 weeks vaccination, the vaccine types administered to the children, and their importance. Every parent must ensure they vaccinate their child right on time or connect with the paediatrician if they miss any dose. Also, you should be cautious enough to ensure your child doesn’t suffer any side effects from a certain vaccine.